Setting Up Your Webmail And/Or Email Client:
Once you have setup and verified your new @hash.co.uk email address your email will be sent to your existing address and arrive just like any other email already does. You may however want to configure your webmail or email client settings so that your outgoing email also appears to come directly from your new @hash.co.uk email address.
Below we have covered the setup procedure for the most popular webmail services and local client software, if you are still having problems setting up please let us know via our FAQ page and we'll guide you through the solution.
Step 1: Generate your app password:
1. On your computer, go to your Google Account^.
2. On the left, click Security.
3. Under 'Signing in to Google', click App passwords and sign in, if required. (If you don't find 'App passwords', click 2-Step Verification and follow the steps to turn on 2-step verification for your account. You may have to sign in again.)
4. Under 'App passwords', click Select app and then Mail.
5. Click Select device and then Other.
6. Enter the name of your domain (hash.co.uk) and click Generate.
7. From the app password box, copy the 16-character password that is generated. You'll need this address when you add your new send-as (forwarded) account (in Step 2 below).
Step 2: Add your email alias:
1. On your computer, go to Gmail^.
2. In the top right-hand corner, click the Settings Cog icon and then See All Settings.
3. Select the Accounts and import or Accounts tab.
4. In the 'Send mail as' section, click Add another email address.
5. In the window that opens, enter the sender name that you want recipients to see (John Smith).
6. Enter the email address alias that you've set up for email forwarding (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Confirm that 'Treat as an alias' is marked, and click Next step.
8. In the 'SMTP Server' field, enter: smtp.gmail.com.
9. From the 'Port' menu, choose 587.
10. In the 'Username' field, enter the full username that you're signed in with (email@example.com).
11. In the 'Password' field, enter the 16-character generated app password that you copied in Step 1.
12. Confirm that the Secured connection using TLS box is ticked.
13. Click Add account.
Step 3: Verify your new @hash.co.uk alias:
1. Gmail will send a verification email to your new address. This should arrive in your inbox, however, as a precaution, Google may initially deliver the first few emails you receive from our forwarding service to your spam folder. After you have confirmed that your forwarded emails are not spam, future email should be delivered directly to your inbox.
2. Follow the instructions contained in this email to verify your new address.
The next time you compose a new email you will be able to chose your new @hash.co.uk email address in the 'from' drop down menu. If you are having problems setting up your new email address with Gmail you can find further information here at the Gmail Help Centre^.
Bonus Option: If you wish you can now go back to the 'Settings' -> 'Accounts and Import' page and set your new @hash.co.uk email as your default address.
1. Once you have logged in to your Yahoo account, click on the Settings Cog icon in the top left corner and from the drop down menu scroll to the bottom and select More Settings.
2. On the settings page click on the Mailboxes option.
3. In the Send-only email address click Add and enter your new firstname.lastname@example.org email address and click Verify'.
4. Check your Yahoo inbox for your validation email and follow the instructions to verify your new address.
5. That's it! You're done!
The next time you compose a new email you will be able to chose your new @hash.co.uk email address in the 'from' drop down menu. Any email sent to your @hash.co.uk address will automatically reply from your new address.
1. In Thunderbird, on the top menu click 'Tools' -> 'Account Settings' and select the desired account from the list on the left.
2. Click the 'Manage Identities' button in the bottom right corner. This displays a list of the identities previously created for the account.
3. To create a new identity, click 'Add'. The identity dialogue will then enable you to enter the details of your new forwarding address. That's it!
When you create a new message, Thunderbird uses the default identity for the selected account as the message's From value, you can click the drop-down list in the From field to select your new email address.
When you reply to a message from our forwarding service, Thunderbird will scan the original recipient and automatically reply from your new @hash.co.uk email address.
If you are having problems setting up your new email address with Thunderbird you can find further information here at the Thunderbird Knowledge Base^.
|© hash.co.uk 2023|